Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Ron Artest & IN -- A Love Story




Artest and Griffin were two of the four players involved in a scuffle with 5.7 seconds left in the fourth quarter along with Lakers forwardLamar Odom and Clippers guard Baron Davis. Odom lined up to rebound a made free throw by Randy Foye that put the Clippers up by nine points. Odom said he felt like Griffin "rammed" him in the back, causing Odom to grab Griffin's jersey and push the rookie backwards. Artest and Davis came to the defense of their respective teammate. Davis engaged in a shouting match with Odom and briefly pushed him, and Artest merely pulled his teammate away from the scrum. After an official's review, all four players were given a technical foul and ejected from the game.
Griffin and Artest will not be subject to the $4,000 penalty that comes with the infraction --$2,000 for the technical and $2,000 for the ejection -- but the fine stands for Odom and Davis.
"I did not want to pay that," Artest said. "More than the technical itself, it was I didn't want to just give away money like that. I could've bought 10,000 In-N-Out Burgers," he said. "I rather would've done that than give it away. I'm going to get 10 burgers [after Monday's game]. I love In-N-Out. It's addicting. It's the only reason I'm here in L.A. If it wasn't for In-N-Out Burger, I probably would've gone to Memphis or something."

Article Courtesy of ESPN & Dias


No comments:

Post a Comment